Advanced Database Models
|SWS:||2 V, 2 Ü|
|Organization:||see in LSF|
The main topic of the lecture are developments in database management systems beyond the currently state of the art relational database systems. This includes among others
- historic roots such as the NF2 model,
- object-oriented models (ODMG, ODBMS),
- object-relational models (SQL99, SQL2003, ORDBMS), and
- semi-structured models (XML).
The full set of lecture slides [PDF] is here.
Exercises and PracticalsExercises start on April 21st.
- Basic Terms and Concepts (PDF)
- Principles of DBMS and Relational Algebra (PDF, PDF)
- Conceptual Design and NF2 (PDF)
- NF2, eNF2, Type Constructors (PDF)
- Practical exercises will start on June ddd nd 4th room 29/144
- Practical Exercise on NF2/Type Constructors (PDF, Hints for working with Oracle in 29/144 (this years sid=tox and server=oban.cs.uni-magdeburg.de,
- Practical Exercise: Object Types (PDF)
- Practical Exercise: References + Recursive Queris (PDF)
- XML, DTDs, XPath, and XQuery (PDF, XML Playground)
A lecture comparable to the Database I or Data Management lecture held in Magdeburg is a necessary prerequisite to successfully take part in this lecture.